The Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) plays a significant role in colleges and universities. IQAC is a system-level quality assurance mechanism, often established in compliance with guidelines from the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC), which is an autonomous body in India responsible for assessing and accrediting higher education institutions. The purpose of IQAC in colleges is as follows:
- Quality Assurance and Enhancement: The primary purpose of IQAC is to ensure and enhance the quality of education and overall institutional functioning. It aims to continually monitor and evaluate various aspects of the institution, including teaching and learning, research, infrastructure, and governance.
- Accreditation: Many colleges and universities seek accreditation from NAAC, and a functional IQAC is a prerequisite for this accreditation. NAAC accreditation is essential for institutions to establish their quality and credibility.
- Self-Assessment: IQAC facilitates the process of self-assessment by institutions. It encourages institutions to introspect and evaluate their strengths and weaknesses, leading to the development of a Quality Assurance Report (QAR).
- Planning and Implementation: IQAC assists in the development and execution of institutional plans for quality enhancement. It helps institutions set goals, identify areas that need improvement, and plan for continuous development.
- Documentation: IQAC is responsible for maintaining a comprehensive record of institutional data and processes. This documentation helps in providing evidence for accreditation and other quality-related activities.
- Feedback and Stakeholder Engagement: IQAC often collects feedback from various stakeholders, including students, faculty, and the community. This feedback is valuable for identifying areas of improvement.
- Best Practices: IQAC encourages institutions to adopt and disseminate best practices in various aspects of higher education, such as curriculum development, assessment and evaluation, and faculty development.
- Innovation and Research: It promotes a culture of innovation, research, and development in educational practices and administration.
- Compliance with Regulatory Requirements: IQAC ensures that the institution complies with various regulatory requirements and norms set by government agencies and accrediting bodies.
- Accountability and Transparency: It enhances institutional accountability and transparency by providing a platform for systematic reporting and monitoring of quality-related activities.
- Capacity Building: IQAC often conducts workshops, seminars, and training programs to enhance the capabilities of faculty and staff in quality assurance and enhancement.
IQAC in colleges serves as a vital internal mechanism for quality assurance and continuous improvement. It is instrumental in promoting a culture of quality, accountability, and transparency in higher education institutions, ultimately benefiting students and other stakeholders.
Coordinator: Mr. Eugene George (Asst. Prof. of
Sri. K. Babu (honourable MLA Tripunithura)
Dr. Vineeth K. M. (Asst. Prof. of Commerce)
Dr. Nisha K. R. (Asst. Prof. of Economics)
Dr. Binu K.D. (Asso. Prof. of English)
Ms. Manjusha S. M. (Asst. Prof. of History)
Ms. Simi Thomas (Asst. Prof. of Statistics)
Mr. Shreekanth S. K. (Asst. Prof. of Phy. Edu.)
Dr. Lalimol Varghese P. (Asso. Prof. of Hindi)
Ms. Geetha Bhai (Head Accountant)
Ms. Anakha K. R. (II MA English)
Mr. Sajan K. A. (Alumni)
Mr. Pridhu Nath (PTA VP)